|Sep 29, 2004
Eurocom PHANTOM D900 - The fastest Mobile Workstation ever built
Eurocom Corporation, a leader in the Desktop Replacement notebook technology since 1989 has launched a new category of notebooks called Mobile Workstation. With the release of new mobile workstation category of notebooks, Eurocom is taking the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement by combining workstation like features, power and flexibility with desktop replacement technology.
Professionals using desktop based workstations are limited today to large expensive systems complicated to operate, fixed locations, lack of portability, and the need to work and maintain with at least two computers systems, one in the office and one outside, resulting in high operating cost ($6000 USD per system yearly cost of support). They are unable to work outside of office with customers due to lack of sufficient power and flexibility of traditional notebooks currently available on the market. With the creation of the new class of notebooks, producers, designers, engineers, architects, programmers, animators, film editors and special effects gurus can go mobile and practice their craft anywhere they see fit equipped with mobile systems capable of running 3D modeling and engineering software with a single computer solution.
Definition of Mobile Workstation
Mobile workstations are designed with a professional user in mind. With unrivalled power, unsurpassed features and unmatched style, the Mobile Workstation is the ultimate evolution of the Desktop replacement notebook. Mobile Workstation is the most powerful notebook on the market. It is engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and latest computing technology. Mobile workstation features the most innovative computer technologies such as:
1. The fastest processors on the market - AMD Athlon 64-bit, Intel Pentium 4 Prescott up to 3.6 GHz (FSB800)
2. dual-channel memory DDR 400 MHz and DDR2 533 MHz up to 2 and 4 GB
3. high-end upgradeable graphics with 256MB of DDR2 video with ATI and NVIDIA chipsets certified for OpenGL
4. large capacity notebook hard drives up to 160 GB or 320 GB of storage with multiple drives
5. data integrity solution with RAID 0 and 1 in a notebook (RAID 5 coming soon)
6. mega wide displays such as 17-inch widescreen LCD with the highest resolution of WSXGA+ (1680x1050) or WUXGA (1920x1200) and Super Clear Glossy Surface
7. 1 Gigabit LAN and wireless 802.11a/b/g or 802.11b/g LAN and Bluetooth
8. multiple optical drives including 4x DVD+-RW (DVD Burner) and multi DVD Burner
9. 102-key full size keyboards with a separate numeric keypad
10. internal TV tuners, dual monitor support via DVI-I port
11. internal PC cameras for video conferencing
12. internal subwoofer and 6-in-1 card readers and more...
Mobile workstation market trends and opportunities
In considering the types of people that require large amounts of processing power in order to be productive, several groups come to mind. The mobile workstation market encompasses design professionals such as engineers and architects who require high performance computers and are thus limited to working on multiple computer systems. Using mobile workstations on a job site or as a sales tool for live demonstrations of virtual walkthroughs and 3D modeling will give edge to firms who wish to appear tech savvy.
Digital Content Creation (DCC) is one area that is growing daily along with the growth of the internet. DCC also can make use of portable processing power. With the instantaneous nature of the internet, having a mobile workstation on hand for real time image capture, video editing, sound mixing and graphic work will allow companies to bring all kinds of services and information to the web in real time (shareholder meetings, press conferences etc.) Digital Content Creation is not just limited to web work either but to all kinds of design work for marketing, advertising, writing, coding, Flash design, Photoshop work etc.
Another market for the mobile workstation lies of course with gamers. No other group demands the latest and most powerful hardware and has been willing to pay a premium for it. This group is looking more and more at mobile systems that allow them to come together at LAN parties and compete en-masse for prizes and pride. This group also is heavily into customization of their hardware, and very knowledgeable about the latest equipment. Eurocom hardware has found much success with this group already.
There is another trend in the market that makes the portable workstation ideal for a growing section of the workforce; outsourced, freelance and tele-workers. The finance and accounting outsourcing market alone is expected to generate $37.7 billion worldwide by 2004, according to research firm Gartner Inc. Some estimates price the global outsourcing market at $300 billion annually. All kinds of jobs are being outsourced, including engineering, design, marketing, accounting and more. These jobs are being done by people that need to be mobile, but also demand a high degree of productivity from their equipment.
EUROCOM D900 Phantom notebook
The mobile workstation category is represented by the fastest notebook ever built, the EUROCOM D900 PHANTOM model. Just launched by Eurocom, the D900 PHANTOM featuring the most powerful Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with 1MB of cache (LGA775) and high-bandwidth PCI EXPRESS architecture alleviates the limitations and bottlenecks of the traditional notebook or PC - opening up a wealth of possibilities for 2D and 3D designers, video and audio producers, scientists, engineers, researchers, game developers and players. The industry most innovative technologies and high-speed, high-capacity memory make the EUROCOM PHANTOM one of the fastest PCs ever built. The EUROCOM PHANTOM features the following specifications:
Technical Specifications Configure
1. Intel Pentium 4 Processor w/ 1MB cache (socket-775) upgradeable to 3.6 GHz
2. upgradeable 256MB DDR2 base video graphics based on 16x PCI-Express (NVidia next generation card) with Open GL and HDTV output
3. up to 4 GB of Dual-Channel DDR2-400/533; 4 sockets /2 dual-channels memory
4. two physical hard drives; up to 240GB; SATA or ATA support with RAID 0,1 support
5. two physical optical drives including slot-based 8x MULTI DVD (DVD-RAM/-RW/+-RW)
6. two FireWire (IEEE1394a) ports and ExpressCard slot.
7. 1 Gigabit LAN on-board, 802.11a/b/g or 802.11b/g wireless LAN and Bluetooth
8. internal TV tuner (NTSC and MultiPAL), 4 speakers and a subwoofer, internal web cam for video conferencing
Mobile Workstation technology
1. Power Processor technology
2. Display technology / Video
RAID LEVEL 0
Level 0 is disk striping only, which interleaves data across multiple disks for better performance. It does not provide safeguards against failure. RAID 0 is widely used in gaming machines for higher speed.
RAID LEVEL 1
Uses disk mirroring, which provides 100% duplication of data. Offers highest reliability, but doubles storage cost. RAID 1 is widely used in business applications.
4. Optical drives
6. Surround Sound
7. Full size Keyboard
We live in a stressful world, and nothing is more stressful than knowing you have no control over the environment in which you work. Eurocom wants to give more people the opportunity to make use of the latest technology where they feel the most comfortable. For some people that is in the office environment, but for many and increasingly - it is at home, at a friends' house or at the coffee bar. Can you imagine lugging a bulky 200 pound workstation into Starbucks? By offering a new complete mobile computer solution such as mobile workstation, Eurocom invites people to empower themselves and decide when and where they are at their most productive.
Eurocom Corporation is a leading innovator in the notebook industry. The company has produced many firsts, such as manufacturing the first notebook with a 15.1-inch LCD panel and a full-size, 102-key, keyboard. Since 1989, Canada-based Eurocom Corporation has led the Desktop Replacement Notebook™ industry with over 950 dedicated resellers and agents worldwide. For more information please visit www.eurocom.com