|Dec 02, 2015
EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop professional workstation built on MXM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 & socket based Intel Core i7 6700K
The EUROCOM Sky X9 is a formidable machine that is literally busting at the seams with all of the best cutting-edge technology and oozing performance from every port. With configuration options up to and including a socketed desktop Intel Core i7 6700K processor, dual-channel DDR4 memory, desktop GTX 980 graphics card—that’s right, desktop twice in the same sentence—this beast is ready to tackle anything.
“We built the EUROCOM Sky X9 to be the ultimate mobile workstation for professionals who need the most powerful computer system for on the go deployment. Customers can now carry a desktop graphics processor in their laptop.” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
Security is very important to Eurocom and our professional customers, because of this we have once again incorporated a Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (Infineon SLB9665-TCG) as well as a finger print reader and Kensington lock port. Eurocom knows that our customers are using their laptops for crucial mission critical applications.
A beautiful 17.3” display is there to display the mind blowing performance held within the Sky X9. A future 4k display option will also be available for future upgrades. The EUROCOM Sky X9 can support up to 4 active displays through its two mini Display Ports, USB 3.1 and HDMI 2.
Eurocom has been putting desktop processors into laptops for quite some time. Most recently the EUROCOM Panther 5 supported 12 core Intel Xeon processors. Eurocom has used this experience and expertise to further push the boundaries of possibilities by now creating a laptop that supports desktop processor and desktop graphics.
Dual PCIe M.2 SSD’s are also supported, plus dual 2.5” SATA 6.0GB/s drive options, both with multiple RAID configuration options, five SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports and USB 3.1/Thunderbolt 3 technology to the arsenal. Now, add extraordinary 17-inch FHD IPS, G-SYNC and 4K display configuration options. Add HDMI, HDMI over Thunderbolt, dual DisplayPort, 7.1 analog and optical audio output.
EUROCOM Sky X9 is powered by desktop NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics, a fully unlocked GM204 core with 2048 CUDA cores. 8 GB memory with 7 Gbps memory clock and GDDR5 memory interface is supported. The EUROCOM Sky X9 is the first laptop with upgradeable desktop graphics supported inside, another amazing innovation from Eurocom. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 is overclock-able for maximum control and performance. There are two MXM slots to allow the EUROCOM Sky X9 to support dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M cards in SLI or one NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980.
Not only does the EUROCOM Sky X9 have upgradeable NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 graphics, it also has socket based desktop Intel Skylake processors. The EUROCOM Sky X9 utilizes an Intel Z170 Chipset, socket LGA 1151 for support up to Intel Core i7-6700K processors. The Intel Core i7-6700K has 4 cores and 8 threads running at 4GHz, with turbo boost up to 4.2 GHz utilizing 14nm technology. The Intel Core i7-6700K is overclock-able for maximum control and performance.
EUROCOM Sky X9 Specifications:
· Display: Choice of FHD 1920-by-1080 or 4K 3840-by-2160 pixels; 17.3-inch (43.94mm); LCD Display
· Chipset: Intel Z170 Express (Skylake)
· Processor: Skylake, LGA1151, up to Intel i7-6700K, fully unlocked
· Memory: up to 64GB; DDR4-2133/2400; 4 SODIMM sockets
· VGA Technology: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980m; or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
· Storage: up to 4 drives; 2x HDD/SSD (SATA3) + 2x M.2 PCIe x4/SATA RAID 0/1/5/10
· Communications: two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 + M.2 WLAN/Bluetooth
· Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: 10, 8.1 and 7
· Card Reader: 6-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC up to UHS-II
· Keyboard: Illuminated, backlit with customizable 7-colours
· Security: TPM 2.0, Fingerprint and Kensington Lock
· Audio System: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3; external 7.1CH audio output; headphone out, microphone in, S/PDIF and Line-in port; two built-in ONKYO Speakers (2.2W)+ Subwoofer (2.5W)
· Ports: 1x USB 3.1 / Thunderbolt 3; 2x miniDP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; 2x RJ45 (LAN)
· Weight and dimensions: 4.8kg; WxDxH 428x308x45mm
Eurocom is a leading developer and innovator of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. Eurocom has produced many firsts and continues to engineer solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom please visit www.eurocom.com.