|Oct 18, 2010
Eurocom breaks 24GB Memory Barrier in its line of Panther Super-Notebooks
Eurocom (www.eurocom.com) is the world's first notebook developer to support 24GB of memory in a notebook computer.
Eurocom line of Panther Mobile Workstations and Mobile Servers is designed for maximum performance and the most demanding users. CAD/CAM designers, engineers, architects and designers who must frequently travel, yet need access to powerful computing, are the core target for Mobile workstations. With unrivaled power, unsurpassed features and unmatched style, the Mobile Workstation is the ultimate evolution of the Desktop Replacement notebook.
Eurocom Panther series is the world's first workstation-class professional super-notebook powered by the fastest desktop 6-core Intel processors and NVIDIA SLI with two GeForce GTX 480M or NVIDIA Quadro FX 5000M.
Whether you're a designer developing the latest automobile, a 3D artist working on the next blockbuster film, or a financial trader on Wall Street, EUROCOM Panther series delivers unmatched power and performance for all professional workstation applications, and is ideal for the CAD (computer-aided design), CAE (computer-aided engineering), DCC (digital content creation), visualization, and corporate markets.
Mobile Server is a new category of notebooks designed with a professional user in mind. Software and/or database developers, training centers, military personnel, emergency relief organizations and service organizations who must frequently travel, yet need access to powerful computing, are the core target for Mobile Servers
There are two models available:
EUROCOM Panther 2.0
1. Memory: Up to 24 GB DDR3-1333 SODIMM with Triple Channel Memory
2. VGA: Upgradeable MXM 3.0, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M, Quadro FX 3800M and FX 5000M. Supports both Single and SLI configurations.
3. Processor: Workstation-class Intel i7-980X Extreme or Server-class Xeon 5600 series; 6-cores;
4. Storage: up to 3.25GB with 4 physical drives (hard, solid or hybrid) and RAID 0/1/5/10 support
5. Display: 17.3-inch Full HD; 1920-by-1080 pixels; LED Backlit display
EUROCOM D900F Panther
1. Memory: Up to 24 GB of combined triple channel memory.
2. VGA: Upgradeable MXM 3.0; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M, GTX 460M, GTX 470M, Quadro FX 3800M or FX 5000M and ATI Radeon Mobility HD5870
3. CPU: 4 or 6-cores; Workstation-class Intel Core i7, i7 Extreme or Server-Class Xeon 5600 series.
4. Storage: 4 physical drives. RAID 0/1/5/10, up to 3.25 TB.
5. Display: 17.1 Inch WUXGA 1920 x 1200.
Having 24 GB of triple channel memory at your disposal simply means extremely fast processing, smooth multi tasking and virtualization. 24 GB of random access memory in the EUROCOM Panther 2.0 and EUROCOM D900F Panther is great for:
1. Users who run multiple operating systems, 24 GB of RAM ensures there’s enough RAM for each OS, ensuring smooth processing.
2. For video editors and producers, large amounts of RAM is key to help speed things up while manipulating huge swaths of video data.
3. For engineers and designers who do a great deal of rendering, large amounts of RAM will save time and money.
4. A variety of specializations under the umbrella of the mechanical engineering discipline (such as aeronautical, biomechanical, and automotive industries) commonly use integrated FEM in design and development of their products. Engineers utilizing Finite Element Analysis will be thankful for the time saved in processing time.
5. Database administrators who compile and search through huge amounts of data will also save great deals of time.
6. Intense graphics use and memory-laden programs, such as multimedia, publishing and graphics arts, 24 GB of RAM will provide the optimal computing experience.
Eurocom is the world’s leading developer of desktop replacement and mobile workstation technology. Eurocom began with the goal of creating the most advanced computer systems and using advanced engineering techniques typically unseen in the computer industry. The company has produced many firsts and continues to engineer well-balanced machines that inspire and enable individuals to reach great possibilities. Eurocom is also a developer of modular VGA solutions. For more information on Eurocom or to customize a machine, visit www.eurocom.com.