|Sep 08, 2014
Eurocom launches line of Samsung SSD 850 Pro in high performance, fully upgradeable Mobile Workstations
Eurocom is launching the complete line of Samsung 850 Pro Solid State storage drives in line of high performance, fully upgradeable, configurable Mobile Workstations.
All Eurocom Mobile Workstations are fully customizable and configurable allowing customer to choose exactly the components they require, the options are further bolstered by the inclusion of the Samsung SSD 850 Pro.
“The Samsung SSD 850 Pro has great performance, ultra-high endurance, as well as encryption and RAID capability. The perfect component for Eurocoms professional customers who require and demand the best.” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
Eurocom notebooks are highly configurable and customizable, enabling customers to choose the exact type of storage medium and capacity they need combined with RAID 0,1,5,10 support in select notebooks.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations are designed for the new breed of professional who must travel but still needs access to powerful, reliable and long lasting professional grade hardware.
The Samsung SSD 850 Pro stack 32 cell layers on top of one another to fit todays small form factors, while also boosting performance using Samsung’s new 3D vertical NAND.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations are built to last, as are Samsung SSD 850 Pro. They are built to handle 120 Terabyte Written which comes to 40 GB daily read/write workload for over a 10 year period, coupled with a top level, 10 yr warranty from Samsung.
Coupled with several security features from Eurocom Mobile Workstations such as Trusted Platform Modules, Fingerprint readers and Lock Ports, the Samsung SSD 850 Pro support SED technology and includes AES 256 bit hardware based, full disk encryption engine to secure your intellectual property without performance degradation.
The Samsung SSD 850 Pro comes in 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB and 1 TB capacities allowing customers to pick and choose which combination of storage mediums works best while also allowing power users to equip their select Eurocom Mobile Workstation with 4 TB of RAIDable storage.
Supporting the most powerful mobile NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics solutions, Eurocom Mobile Workstations ensure they are able to run the most demanding engineering and design software with ease, while on the go.
All Eurocom Mobile Workstations support Intel Core i7 Processors Extreme or 12 core Intel Xeon Desktop Processors and are able to run high end professional applications and process large amounts of data with up to 32 GB DDR3-1600 memory.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations are designed to support multiple, large capacity storage drives and RAID capability.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations:
EUROCOM Panther 5
• Core Logic: Intel C600/X79 Express Chipset
• Processor: up to Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition or XEON E5-2600 v2 series; LGA2011
• VGA Technology: Modular MXM 3.0b; NVIDIA: GTX 880M, GTX 870M, GTX 780M, GTX 770M, GTX 680M, GTX 675MX, GTX 670MX (Kepler); QUADRO K5100M, K5000M, K4100M, K4000M, K3100M, K3000M, K2100M, K2000M; AMD: HD8970M, HD7970M or R9-M290X; supports both SLI and CrossFireX
• Memory: up to 32GB; DDR3-1333/1600/1866; four physical SODIMM sockets
• Expansion: Built-in ExpressCard 34/54 slot
• Storage: up to 6TB of storage with four physical SSD, Hybrid or HDD, RAID 0/1/5/10 support; SATA 6Gb/s
• Optical Drive Bay: DVD-RW or Blu Ray Burner or 4th HDD/SSD
• I/O Ports: 3x USB 3.0; 2x USB 2.0; eSATA; Firewire-800 (TI XIO2221ZAY); DisplayPort v1.2; DVI-I (SL); HDMI 1.4a out w/HDCP; Headphone; Microphone; S/PDIF out; Line-in; RJ-45 / LAN
• Security: TPM 1.2; Fingerprint, Kensington Lock
• Keyboard: Backlit; full-size with separate numeric keypad; W/A/S/D gaming key; built-in touchpad with multi-gesture and scrolling functions; 6 touch sensor instant buttons: Volume Up/Down, Mute, WLAN, BT, Webcam
• Weight/dimensions: 5.5kg (12.1lbs); 419(W)x286(D)x57.9-62.1(H)mm (16.76x11.44x2.31-2.48inch)
EUROCOM Racer 3W
• Weight and dimensions: 3.1kg (6.8lbs); WxDxH 376x256x35-43mm (14.8x10x1.3-1.6 inch)
• VGA Technology: Ugradeable, Modular MXM 3.0a/b; NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, K4100M, K3100M, K2100M, K1100M, K3000M, K2000M, K1000M; NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 880M, 870M, 860M, 780M, 770M, 765M; AMD Radeon R9-M290X
• Processor: Upgradeable; up to i7-4940MX Extreme; Intel HM87(Haswell)Express Chipset
• Memory: Upgradeable; up to 32GB; DDR3L-1600; 4 RAM sockets
• Storage: up to 4 physical SATA3 (6Gb/s) drives (1x HDD/SSD + 2x mSATA (SATA3) + 1x HDD/SSD via ODD Bay); RAID 0/1/5/10
• Security: Security lock, Fingerprint and optional TPM 1.2
• Card Reader: 9-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo
• Optical Drive: Easy to Change: DVD-RW or Blu Ray-RW or extra HDD/SSD
• Ports: DisplayPort 1.2; HDMI out; Mini Display 1.2; 1x eSATA/USB 3.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); 1x USB 2.0; S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; Firewire 800-IEEE 1394b; RJ45 (LAN)
EUROCOM Neptune 3
• Chipset: Intel Mobile HM87 Express Chipset (Haswell)
• Processor: 4th Generation; up to Intel Extreme Edition i7-4930MX
• VGA Technology: NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 880M, 870M, 860M, 780M, 770M, 765M, 680M, 670MX, Quadro: K5100M, K4100M, K3100M, K3000M, K2100M, K2000M, K1100M or K1000M; AMD Radeon HD8970M and R2-290X; MXM 3.0b; up to 100W; Optimus with Turbo Boost 2.0
• Storage: up to 5 drives; 1st and 2nd HDD/SDD (SATA 6Gb/s; 3rd HDD/SDD via ODD Bay (SATA2); 4th and 5th mSATA (SATA3); RAID 0/1/5/10; support Smart Response Technology (SRT)
• Optical Drive: DVD-Burner; Blu Ray Burner, or 3rd HDD
• Keyboard: Iluminated with user changable 7-colours backlit
• Ports: DisplayPort 1.2; HDMI 1.4 out; Mini Display 1.2; 1x eSATA/USB 3.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); 1x USB 2.0; S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; Firewire-400; RJ45 (LAN)
• Weight and dimensions: 4.1kg (9lbs); WxDxH 414x286x25.3-46.1mm (16.56x11.44x10-1.84")
EUROCOM Scorpius 3
• Chipset: Intel HM87 Mobile Express (Haswell)
• Processor: 4th Generation Intel Mobile Core i7 4xxx series; up to i7-4940MX Extreme with O/C support
• Memory: up to 32GB; DDR3L-1600; 4 RAM sockets
• VGA Technology: Dual VGA (SLI/CF); AMD: Radeon R9-M290X; NVIDIA: GTX 880M, 870M, 860M, 780M, 770M, 765M; Quadro: K5100M/K4100M/K3100M/K2100M/K110M
• Storage: up to 5 drives; 2x HDD/SSD (SATA3) + 2x mSATA (SATA3) + 1x HDD/SSD via ODD Bay (SATA2); RAID 0/1/5/10
• Card Reader: 9-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo
• Optical Drive: DVD-RW, Blu Ray-RW or extra HDD/SSD
• Keyboard: Iluminated, backlit with customizable 7-colours
• Security: TPM 1.2, Fingerprint and Kensington Lock
• Ports: 1x Thunderbolt; 1x HDMI out; 1x eSATA/USB 3.0; 4x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); 1x USB 2.0; S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; RJ45 (LAN)
• Weight and dimensions: 4.0kg (8.8lbs); WxDxH 419x295x42-54.8mm (16.76x11.8x1.68-2.19")
Samsung 850 Pro Specifications:
Capacity: 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB, 1 TB
Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
Form Factor: 2.5 inch
Security: AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption (FDE)
TCG/Opal v2.0, Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
MTBF: 2 million hours
Samsung Warranty: 10 years limited
Dimensions: 100 x 69.85 x 6.8 (mm)
Sequential Read Max. 550MB/s
Sequential Write Max. 520MB/s (256GB/512GB/1TB)
Max. 470MB/s (128GB)
4KB Random Read (QD1) Max. 10,000 IOPS
4KB Random Write (QD1) Max. 36,000 IOPS
4KB Random Read (QD32) Max. 100,000 IOPS
4KB Random Write (QD32) Max. 90,000 IOPS
Eurocom is a leading developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. Eurocom has produced many firsts and continues to engineer solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom please visit www.eurocom.com.
Online Article: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/release(261)ec
Eurocom Mobile Workstations: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/productsg(3)ec