|Nov 27, 2009
Eurocom claims worlds record for notebook storage with 2.5TB of Hard Drives
Eurocom breaks World's record for notebook storage with 2.5TB of hard drive space in its i7 based EUROCOM Panther Super Notebook.
The World's First workstation and server-class notebook with 2.5 Terabytes of storage, Intel i7 or XEON processors; RAID 0/1/5/10 and internal 1 hour Battery!
Eurocom, the world's leading developer of highly personalized, high-performance notebook PCs and energy efficient All-in-One PCs, introduced the EUROCOM D900F PHANTOM-i7 Mobile Workstation/Server powered by Intel's newest line of Quad Core and XEON LGA1366 processors.
EUROCOM PHANTOM-i7 provides workstation and server-calibre capabilities with 2.5 Terabytes of storage with three physical SATA-300 hard drives and RAID 0/1/5, super-powerful 3.33GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition I7-935; 3.2GHz XEON X5580 processors running at 2x 6.4GT/sec bus speed, Gigabit Ethernet port on-board, HDMI, eSATA, DVi ports, with a 17" WUXGA LCD display and full size keyboard.
Featuring workstation-class or server-class Intel Core i7 or Xeon Processor and up to 24GB of DDR3-1600 memory, the D900F PHANTOM-i7 also features the largest storage capacity on the market today - a whopping 2.5TB with RAID 0/1/5 - making it the perfect mobile workstation or server laptop for users who demand extra-large capacity storage and reliability for true portable server / workstation experience.
EUROCOM PHANTOM supports most of 64-bit operating systems available on the market for Windows 7, XP Pro 64bit or Microsoft Server 2008 and Red Hat.
Driving the system is Intel Core i7 the newest 130W 3.33GHz Extreme Edition i7-975 processor with bus speeds of up to 2x 6.4GT/sec and 8MB of L3 cache, which delivers exceptional multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance. It also supports the newest line of Intel Core i7 Xeon processors X55xx series.
The PHANTOM-i7, which measures 15.8" x 11.9" x 2.05" and weights under 12lbs, also supplies tremendous SATA-300 storage (up to 2.5TB using three hard drives). Customers may also choose between RAID 0, RAID 1 or RAID 5 for the ultimate transfer rates and application load times or redundancy.
"It's a server or workstation-calibre computer complete with built-in Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) in a 12pounds notebook form factor," said Mark Bialic, President of Eurocom. "This is one extremely fast notebook that offers server or workstation calibre capabilities. It is designed to replace traditional desktop based workstations. It offers incredible high ROI by allowing companies to be more productive and offer new "on the go" CAD/CAM services while greatly reducing overall IT management costs".
Definition of Mobile Workstation
Mobile Workstation is a new category of notebooks designed to replace a desktop-based workstation for a professional user. With unrivalled power, unsurpassed features and portability, the Mobile Workstation is the ultimate evolution of the Desktop Replacement notebook. With the release of mobile workstations, Eurocom has taken the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement by combining workstation like features, power and flexibility with desktop replacement technology. Mobile Workstation is the most powerful notebook on the market. With the arrival of 64-bit Operating System technology, mobile workstations run two times faster 64-bit applications than 32-bit desktop PCs. Featuring the most innovative computer technologies; they are engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and serviceability. As a single computing solution, mobile workstation provides a perfect alternative to a traditional workstation class desktop computer system.
EUROCOM High-End Mobile Workstations
EUROCOM mobile workstations are designed specifically for high-end professional and graphics users demanding maximum performance and power when running professional applications such as CAD/CAM/CAE, 3D animation, 3D simulation, engineering, financial simulations, math, forensic, 3D imaging, mapping and charting, satellite image processing, GIS, or medical software, or graphics work.
Key Benefits of Mobile Workstations
- Reduced IT Management costs (one piece of equipment to move around)
- Improved Productivity (anytime, anywhere)
- Increased Revenue Growth (allows introduction of new services, i.e. CAD/CAM/CAE consulting/training on-the-go)
- Improved reliability of data (internal battery = built-in UPS)
- Reduced equipment cost (single computer solution) -Reduced litigation costs due to intellectual properties rights (out-of-the office consulting)
Specific Vertical Markets:
- Aerospace (CAM/CAE/CAD)
- Car Manufacturing
- Education (Departments of Architecture, Engineering, Geography, Animation, Video Production; GIS)
- Financial sector
- Forensic (i.e. FBI)
- Governments (Department of Fisheries and Oceans; Army; Navy; Public Works/Engineering; GIS)
- Military (Mapping, Charting, Imaging, Navigation)
- Medical (Imaging)
- Software Development (Databases, CRM, Operating) -Training
Mobile workstations feature the most advanced computer technology, such as:
- High-performance Processors: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition or XEON processors
- 64-bit hardware and multiple operating systems support (Windows Pro 64, Windows 7, Vista64, Server2008, Red Hat)
- 24 GB of high performance memory up to DDR3-1600
- up to 2.5GB of storage with multiple high performance SATA-300 hard
- RAID 0/1/5 for extra performance, data redundancy or automatic backups
- High performance VGA graphics including NVIDIA's SLI GTX 280M
- Up to 1GB of video and the fastest graphics nVidia GTX 280M, AMD Ati HD5870 or OpenGL nVidia Quadro FX2800
- Large displays (17" or 18.4") in a portable form factor
- Blu Ray and DVD Burning-on the-Go
- High Performance 1 Gigabit LAN on-board and support for 2nd 1Gigabit LAN interface
- 102-key desktop-like full size keyboards with separate numeric keypad
- Multiple I/O Ports: 4 or 5 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire ports, serial and parallel ports, DVI ports for multiple external monitors, S-Video In ports for digital video cameras, media card readers, Optical digital and analog audio I/O, built-in microphone and stereo speakers
- Excellent Wireless: internal up to 450Mbps WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0
- Internal battery allows uninterrupted operation in case of power failure.
- Excellent Surround Sound System with SRS WOW technology
- Optional internal TV Tuner for Digital and/or Analog Video Input
About Mobile Server
Mobile Server is a new category of notebooks designed with a professional user in mind. Software and/or database developers, training centers, military personnel, emergency relief organizations and service organizations who must frequently travel, yet need access to powerful computing, are the core target for Mobile Servers.
With unrivaled power, unsurpassed features and unmatched style, the Mobile Servers are the ultimate extension of the Eurocom Mobile Workstation notebook technology.
With the release of mobile servers, EUROCOM has taken the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement and workstation by combining server like features, power, reliability and flexibility with desktop replacement technology. Mobile Server is the most powerful notebook on the market. It is engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and latest computing technology.
Mobile Server features the most innovative and stable computer technologies available on the market such as the fastest processors, x64 Operating Systems, the most advanced VGA technology, multiple optical drives and multiple Hard Drives offering RAID 0/1, large displays and full size 102-key keyboards
EUROCOM Mobile Server - key specifications EUROCOM mobile servers are designed specifically for IT professionals and software developers demanding All-in-One server capabilities within maximum performance and power when running and/or testing professional applications such as databases, CRM, etc. Mobile Servers feature the most advanced computer technology, such as:
- High-performance upgradeable 64-bit Dual or Quad core Intel XEON processors
- Fully 64-bit compliant hardware
- 24 GB or more of high performance memory,
- Large capacity, high performance, redundant storage with RAID 0/1/5, three physical hard drives and up to 2.5 TB of storage
- Internal 17-inch LCD display
- Internal built-in battery; 1 hour of battery backup in case of power failure
- High capacity optical Re-writable Blu Ray drive storage, perfect data backup
- Long lifespan
- Built-in 102-key desktop-like full size keyboard with separate numeric keypad
- Multiple I/O Ports: 1Gigabit Ethernet LAN; 4 USB 2.0, FireWire, serial and parallel ports, CRT and DVI-D for 2 external displays. Optional 2nd Gigabit Ethernet is available via PC Express slot.
- Wireless: Built-in WLAN 802.11a/g/n and Bluetooth 2.0
Full Upgrade Ability and Full Customization EUROCOM mobile workstations and servers are built on a customized basis so that users can select the individual configurations they require. EUROCOM systems offer stylish all-in-one design, superb performance, upgrade ability and latest computing technology. All EUROCOM mobile servers are fully upgradeable including Hard Drive (Hard Drives), memory, optical drives, processors and graphics to prolong their lifespan.
Eurocom is the world's leading developer of desktop replacement technology, highly customized, high-performance notebook PCs. The company was founded on the belief that it could revolutionize the PC world with Desktop Replacement Technology, its designs and advanced engineering techniques typically unseen in the computer industry. The company has produced many firsts, such as manufacturing the world's first notebook with a 3.5-inch desktop hard drive, 102-keys full-size keyboard, upgradeable notebook VGA technology, integrating RAID 0,1,5 technologies into the notebook or incorporating desktop processors into a notebook designs. . Eurocom continues to engineer well-balanced, work-of-art machines that inspire and enable individuals to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom or to customize a machine, visit www.eurocom.com.
Intel and Nvidia are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation and Nvidia Corporation respectively in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.