|Feb 22, 2012
Eurocom adds Intel 520 series Solid State Drives SATA 6 GB/s in RAID 0/1/5/10 to Mobile Workstations and Mobile Server Offerings
Eurocom Corporation (www.eurocom.com) announces support for Intel's new high performance 520 Series of Solid-State Drives inside their Mobile Workstations and Mobile Server solutions.
The addition of the Intel 520 series of SSD's to Eurocom’s extensive list of storage drives gives customers an even greater choice when customizing their purpose built systems. Customers have a myriad of choices between Hard Disk Drives, Solid State Drives and Hybrid Drives.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations are built to offer unmatched performance, long lifespan and full upgradeability of the processor, memory, storage, operating system and VGA technology, and are designed with the most innovative technology and components available, including RAID 0/1/5/10 support to dual GPU support.
RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks, and is a technology that provides increased data storage abilities through redundancy. Multiple drives are arranged in units where data are distributed across the drives in different RAID levels. The ultimate goal of RAIDing ones drives is to provide increased levels of data reliability and backup as well as increased levels of read/write performance. Different levels of RAID correspond with varying levels of performance and redundancy.
Intel Solid-State Drive 520 series accelerates SATA throughput by utilizing SATA 6 gigabits per second performance and NAND based SSD technology. The Intel 520 series supports data transfers up to 550 megabytes per second (MB/s), with sequential write times up to 520 MB/s.
Intel Solid State Drive 520 series consists of 60GB, 120GB, 180GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities.
Eurocom’s usage of NAND based SSD technology and SATA 6GB/s drives allow for super quick system responsiveness, boot times, application launches, file loads, sleep recovery and benchmarks.
The 520 drives make use of the Sandforce SF-2281 controller to offer blazing speeds.
Intel also offers an unprecedented 5 year warranty on all 520 series drives.
"The Intel 520 series SSDs gives Eurocom clients looking for the most powerful mobile workstations on the market a super fast storage option, that is rugged, efficient and performance oriented" explains Eurocom President Mark Bialic.
Intel 520 series SSDs support Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit Encryption. AES 256-bit encryption is an industry standard in data security, providing a hardware-based mechanism for encryption and decryption of user data. End-to-end data protection helps protect data from being corrupted across the data path by using cyclic redundancy check (CRC), parity, and error correction code (ECC) checks in the data path from the host interface to the NAND, and back.
Eurocom Storage Drive Options
• 80GB MLC SSD; Intel 310 series; SATA-300
• 250GB; G-Force Protection; SATA-300 NCQ; 7,200rpm; 16MB cache;
• 320GB; SATA-300; 7,200rpm; 16MB cache; Seagate
• 500GB; G-Force Protection; SATA-300 NCQ; 7,200rpm; 16MB cache;
• 750GB; SSHD; Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid; 8GB SLC NAND Flash
• 750GB 5400rpm SATA-300; 16MB cache;
• 750GB; 7200rpm; 16MB cache; Seagate Momentus
• 500GB; Solid State Hybrid Drive; Seagate Momentus XT; 32MB cache/4GB SLC Flash
• 640GB; 5400rpm; 3Gb/s; 8MB cache; WD Scorpio Blue
• 256GB SSD MLC; SATA-600; Marvell controller; Crucial/Micron RealSSD C300
• 128GB MLC SSD; Micron C300 RealSSD; SATA-600
• 120GB MLC SSD; Intel 510 series; SATA-600;
• 120GB MLC SSD; Intel 320 series; SATA-300;
• 250GB MLC SSD; Intel 510; SATA-600; Marvell 9174 controller
• 600GB SSD MLC; Intel 320 series; SATA-300;
• 160GB MLC SSD; Intel X25-M Gen2 34nm; SSDSA2MH160G2C1
• 512GB SSD MLC; Micron/Crucial M4;
• 240GB MLC Solid State Drive; Solidata X8; SandForce-1200;
• 1TB; 5400rpm; 8MB cache; WD Scorpio Blue
Intel SSD 510 Series Specifications
• Capacity: 60GB, 120GB, 180GB, 240GB and 480GB
o Intel® 25nm NAND Flash Memory
o Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
• Form Factor: 2.5”
• SATA 6Gb/s
o Sustained sequential read: up to 550 MB/s
o Sustained sequential write: up to 520MB/s
• Read and Write IOPS
o Random 4KB reads: up to 50 000 IOPS
o Random 4KN writes: up to 80 000 IOPS
• AES 256-bit Encryption
• Power Consumption (TYP)
o Active 850 mW
o Idle: 600 mW
• Operating Voltage
o Min 4.75 V
o Max 5.25 V
• Mean Time Between Failures
o 1,200,000 hours
• Minimum Useful Life/Endurance Rating
o 5 years
Eurocom is a leading developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. The company has produced many firsts and continues to engineer computer systems and VGA solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. Eurocom has been a leading innovator in the mobile computer industry since 1989, is currently the only developer in the world offering a Mobile Server solution along with a full line of Mobile Workstation supporting RAID 0/1/5/10 with up to 4 hard drives. For more information on Eurocom please visit (www.eurocom.com).